1980's - 1990's
In 1984, a group of dedicated veterinarians founded VHA to improve the methods and efficiency of animal hospitals, to cooperate with other veterinary organizations, and to promote and further the best interests of its members.
In 1985, VHA began a group purchasing service for members, positively influencing the product availability and pricing in the veterinary marketplace.
Then, in 1986, VHA launched a pet cremation service to provide a dignified, caring and ethical means of cremating clients’ pets. It is one of the founding cornerstones of our association.
2000's - 2010's
Originally located in Lake Elmo, MN, VHA moved locations in 2010 to South St. Paul, MN.
In 2015, VHA began offering business services to members after it purchased Veterinary Management Services, hiring VMS owner Jim Poissant as VHA Director of Business Services.
Throughout the years, VHA has remained steadfast in our committment to our veterinary practice members and the industry as a whole. VHA continues to support local community organizations, including the statewide Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA). We also partner with the MVMA and the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine for the Minnesota Veterinary Institute. As VHA continues to evolve, additional services will be added in order to advantage of the efficiencies that come from individual practices working together as a group.
- Original VHA Lake Elmo Office Original VHA Lake Elmo Office
- Look Inside the Original VHA Office Look Inside the Original VHA Office
- Groundbreaking at New VHA Office in South St. Paul Groundbreaking at New VHA Office in South St. Paul
- Laying the Foundation for New VHA Office in South St. Paul Laying the Foundation for New VHA Office in South St. Paul
- Building the Warehouse Building the Warehouse
- VHA Office in South St. Paul, MN VHA Office in South St. Paul, MN
- Original Look Inside the New VHA Office Original Look Inside the New VHA Office
- VHA Office Staff 2015 VHA Office Staff 2015